As I welcome the new year and a new season, I'm reminded of the seasons of 2010....To think about all the places I've been over the last year I'm both amazed, exhausted, and quite thrilled to see the light of day on the other side.
2010 began with one of my toughest seasons of therapy, as a client that is, but ended with the joys of simply living and being with my family. In between theses worst and best moments of the year I began teaching, graduated with my master's degree, applied for PhD programs, and started a business.
I've learned a lot over the last year. One of the most important things I've learned over the last year is more about what it means to be authentic and vulnerable; really learning more about what it means to be human. I'm constantly learning that being human involves being willing to take risks on others by being more authentic and vulnerable, knowing that in return I may receive nothing.
Embracing me and all that makes me who I am has been both a journey through grief, but also a journey into life. As I slowly began to embrace grief, I also began learning more about how to share more of me with others, which brought about a place of being and connecting with others that I never imagined was possible.
I'm still slowly learning that it's not about being perfect but about being in process.....something I hope to be more ok with in 2011.
2011 holds many many unknown possibilities...private practice, PhD's, moving...who even knows what? But despite the many potential unknowns I really want to keep learning more about what it means to be vulnerable, authentic, and worthy....and like it or not I'm sure grief will continue to be a continual aspect of that process....thus as my process continues so does my story, and despite the potential grieving moments to come in 2011, I'm excited to see what kind of story God has planned for me this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment